Technical Services and Support Manager at Lupl
Ideal candidates will be located in the US Eastern or UK time zones.
About Lupl: Lupl is the Collaboration Platform for Legal. It makes it easy for legal professionals and their clients to work together, within and between law firms, corporate legal departments and other organizations. It combines powerful native communication, collaboration, document sharing, knowledge and legal project management functionality with the option to plug and play with a range of integrated third-party systems. The Lupl platform was beta-tested for a year prior to its Early Adopter Program launch in April 2021 and its Global Release in November 2021.
Working at Lupl: Lupl itself is the result of a unique collaboration between an international group of law firms and legal departments. And working at Lupl provides an opportunity for collaboration, challenge, and reward. Join an exciting and dynamic startup aiming to support a rapidly changing legal industry, while remaining dedicated to maintaining a diverse workplace that values and celebrates differences. You’ll work with a highly energetic, entrepreneurial, and international team who are passionate about our platform and our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone at Lupl.
Position summary: The Technical Services and Support Manager will play a key leadership role in transforming how, what and where support is delivered. In this role, you will be focused on leading a team of highly technical and dedicated Support Engineers in addition to leading technical implementation for our Enterprise customers. Developing the team’s technical knowledge and soft skills through regular meetings, objectives, and on-the-job coaching will be a critical function of the position. This role is part of and works side-by-side with Lupl’s Customer Success team. Lupl is rapidly growing and opportunities for advancement are plenty.
Key Support responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day management for direct reports, ensuring they can be successful in assigned performance objectives.
- Create and define support playbooks and templates.
- Beat team goals in alignment with Support objectives and assist direct reports in the definition and attainment of individual goals.
- Advocate for customers and find ways to continually contribute to the customer experience.
- Collaborate with engineering to resolve core product issues, as a key partner to product management and development teams.
- Build, implement and improve internal reporting, and other processes to optimize team productivity.
- Shared responsibility for occasional weekend and after-hours duties.
- Serve as the top-line escalation point for high-priority support cases including overall triage and management.
- Report metrics and case management updates to Customer and Sales teams.
- Coordinate appropriate resources to achieve issue resolution for our larger accounts.
- Own the Support ticketing system (ServiceNow / Zendesk).
- Act as Level 2 / Tier 2 platform support.
Key Technical responsibilities
- Act as the technical lead for our Enterprise customers.
- Oversee, execute, and support technical implementation tasks for new Enterprise customers, including:
- Draft initial response to security questionnaires.
- Technical setup of new Premium customers in Lupl platform, including leading integration for NetDocs and iManage.
- Set up and testing of Single Sign On for Enterprise customers in Lupl platform.
- Partner with Customer Adoption Leads, Project Managers, and the Development team to provide a high-caliber technical onboarding process for new customers.
We’re Looking for Someone Who Has:
- 3+ years of proven success delivering high-quality support directly to customers.
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products and/or with lawyers / legal professionals is highly coveted.
- Dedicated to champion the customer problem until resolution.
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and craft tailored solutions.
- Ability to recognize repeated user-facing issues and build scalable solutions that address them.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. You will be interacting with our customers daily across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate independently in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in the IT department of a large law firm, supporting technology for a corporate legal department, or at a legal technology company.
- Experience at a growth stage SaaS company.
- Experience implementing authentication services such as Auth0 and SSO providers.
- Experience with Azure Services, particularly Azure Functions and Azure Cosmos.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, particularly Azure DevOps Boards and Azure Git Repos.
- Experience maintaining and onboarding customers for SaaS platforms on web and iOS.
- Knowledge or experience with how APIs are leveraged to deliver additional product capabilities.
If you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications but you know you have what it takes to rock this job, we encourage you to apply!
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to access, input and retrieve information from a computer to produce typed/written copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person. The employee is regularly required to read, speak, hear and communicate clearly and effectively.
Lupl is primarily a distributed team. This role may involve an in-office and/or work-from-home environment. Lupl uses standard office equipment that includes, but is not limited to, computers, telephones, multi-function devices (print/copy/scan), books and files. While performing the duties of this job within an office, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, central heating and air conditioning and office noise.
Exercise care in the course of work to prevent injuries to oneself and co-workers
Diversity, equity and inclusion statement: We strive to create an inclusive and rewarding environment that allows our people to thrive both professionally and personally. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the company will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, sexual preference, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, promotion, termination and access to benefits and training.
General sign-off: Specific duties for this position will be assigned; the requirements may vary from time to time, depending on the needs of the company. In addition to being able to perform the demands, a Lupl employee will be required to meet personal and education, physical, medical, safety and other requirements established by the company for this position.