Lupl Announces Groundbreaking Next-Generation Platform and Achieves Two Global Security Certifications
Reston, VA, Oct 5 2023 – Lupl, the innovative legal tech startup challenging the traditional paradigms of managing legal work, today announces two significant developments: the release of its next-generation platform, and the achievement of ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type 2 security certifications, reinforcing its commitment to world-class information security standards.
From October 9th, Lupl will roll out the second generation of the Lupl platform, representing the most extensive update since its general availability release in 2021. Born from the feedback and insights of customers ranging from boutique practices to the largest firms from North America to Asia-Pacific, the update brings a suite of new features and deeper integrations that promise enhanced flexibility, customization and efficiency.
- Legal Project Management Toolkit. The release introduces Workstreams, which enable lawyers to build, organize and manage all the components of a legal matter – including budgets, steps plans, issues lists, checklists and capacity charts – with intuitive and flexible building blocks mapped to legal matter use cases and unlimited custom fields.
- Automation & AI. Lupl Forms is a no-code form builder that automates the intake of the information needed to move legal work forward, whether it is matter intake, coordinating local counsel fee quotes and advice, or running client feedback surveys at matter closeout. Additionally, Create with AI introduces Lupl’s unique take on generative AI, helping lawyers to plan and scope matters more effectively.
- Custom Views. With enhanced views, team members can now view their matters by progress, client, jurisdiction, criticality and more, providing a real-time 360-degree view of where things stand.
- Integrated Know-How. The release introduces the second generation of Lupl’s matter templates feature, the library of playbooks and checklists covering everything from Arbitration to Real Estate. Users can now save matters as templates for reuse and access modular template components throughout the matter lifecycle, allowing them to adapt as the matter’s needs evolve. Firms can build their own templates or access playbooks from leading industry providers.
- Enhanced Integrations and Open API. Enhanced integrations with iManage, NetDocuments and DocuSign, and the rollout of Lupl’s Open API with coverage for Practice Management Systems, are being released for enterprise customers, allowing for more seamless working between platforms.
Despite all the advances in legal tech, most legal work today is managed in tables produced and updated in Excel, Word and Outlook. Our customers tell us they are actively looking for a simple solution that works across multiple departments and that integrates with their existing tech stack. Having spent almost 12 months working on these improvements, we’re so excited to get the new Lupl in the hands of our users.Matt Pollins, Chief Product and Strategy Officer
Achievement of International Security Certifications
In addition to its second-generation platform release, Lupl has secured two international security certifications – ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type 2 – which together represent the international gold standard in information security. To learn more visit our Trust Center.
In onboarding major global firms, we’ve found that some lean towards ISO, and others lean towards SOC 2. A lot of companies will have one or the other. We sat down with our security team and decided to pursue a path towards both certifications to demonstrate that we are ready to meet the security needs of all customers, whatever their requirements.Abhijat Saraswat, Chief Revenue Officer
The updates will be rolled out across Lupl’s international customer base, commencing from October 9th. Existing enterprise customers will be upgraded automatically to the new platform.
Too much of legal work is managing legal work. Releasing the new Lupl and securing these certifications is ultimately about helping lawyers plan, organize, and deliver their work more effectively – making it simpler, more efficient, and more secure – and producing better outcomes for lawyers and their clients.Jeff Green, Chief Executive Officer of lupl
Please send press inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.